PFLAG works to ensure that all people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer are not only valued by society, but take pride in and value themselves.
We do this in three main ways:
• EDUCATE that sexual orientation and gender identity are not “choices” but determined before birth. The only choice is whether to reveal one’s authentic self or hide it to avoid being rejected by family and friends or oppressed by society. Self-denial can negatively impact mental health, possibly causing suicidal thoughts or actions.
• ADVOCATE for fair and equal treatment in schools, workplaces, churches, and any other places where LGBTQ people encounter discrimination. We also promote anti-bullying and safe schools training.
• SUPPORT LGBTQ people and their families by providing monthly 3rd Thursday meetings where they can confidentially share their struggles and find community with those who have similar experiences and concerns. People attending support group meetings find compassion, understanding, and acceptance. We offer separate groups for adults and youth lead by trained facilitators.
If you’ve arrived here because you are wrestling with your own LGBTQ identity or because you’re trying to understand or help a loved one who recently “came out,” then you are at the right place. Please use this website to learn about us and find helpful resources. Then attend an upcoming support meeting to hear personal stories of others like you, gain insight from their experiences, and learn of health care professionals who serve our local LGBTQ community.
You are not alone on your journey. PFLAG will help you.
We hold Support Group Meetings on the third Thursday of each and every month from 7:00-8:30 PM at:
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
206 Willowbend Road
Peachtree City, GA 30269
PFLAG Peachtree City is a nonprofit organization and is not affiliated with any
religious institution. First Presbyterian Church Peachtree City allows us to use
their facility without charge for our meetings and is fully LGBTQ+ inclusive and
We have two separate support groups, each led by PFLAG trained facilitators that meet in different rooms. Choose the group that is best for you:
- Youth/Teens – Support and discussion for LGBTQ youth/teens and their youth/teen friends and allies.
- Adults – Support and discussion for LGBTQ adults and for parents, families, and friends of LGBTQ adults and youth/teens.